Experience Printing Your Own Japanese Woodblock Print
In Karuizawa you can print your own copy of an historic and beautiful Japanese woodblock print. With assistance from staff at Karuizawa Mokuhanga School it takes just one and a half hours to make your own multi-colour woodblock prints from pre-carved cherry woodblocks. This highly popular activity is now available twice a week at the Karuizawa Mokuhanga School Annex.
Bookings can be made directly on this website for dates starting from Golden Week 2023. Search the calendar to find a suitable day and time, then step through the booking sequence to pay and confirm your places.
- Available Tuesday and Thursday only
- Two appointment times available, either 10am or 1pm
- Maximum of Five people at one time, and a group booking can be made
- Children older than five are welcome with your group
- Price ¥3,300 per person (Same price for both adults and Children)
- Full Payment is required to reserve your booking
How to make a Booking
- Use either the "Find an Available Tuesday ot Thursday" Search box below or the larger Calendar View to choose your preferred day.
- You will be directed to a new page to choose your session, and number of places you wish to book. Choose and click "Add to Cart"
- The Cart will show your chosen session time and cost. Click on "Checkout"
- In the next page enter your details, the security "I am not a Robot" and click Submit to be taken to Paypal where you can complete your payment. Once completed, an automatic confirmatiion email is sent to you with your booking details, your payment details, how to get to the Print Experience, and other information to help you enjoy your session.
- A cancellation fee of ¥500 applies
We look forward to seeing you and helping you enjoy making your own woodblock print!
"Thank you again for a wonderful print experience! I very much enjoyed our time together. In the workshop the process and technique of Mokuhanga was very well explained. I appreciated your patience and knowledge in demonstrating each step and answering all my questions. I came away excited to learn more about this wonderful technique. I look forward to visiting again one day soon!"Bridget Hillebrand 2023